Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Alice,

Take my heart
I thought I’d never give you part
But I’ll split it with you
I never knew what I was getting into
I dug in, and I should have known it was too good to be true
It began like an old cartoon
Like Peppermint Patty and that Marcie goon
As soon as we started we stopped
Like a flower plucked too soon, flopped
As my vision became hazy
Like those paint by number it was crazy
I looked at you as you wiggled away
The sunlight was taken from my day
You tore apart my heart
Wish that we would sooner part
My stomach clenched
From reality I was wrenched
Made me double over
You were not my lucky clover
As my world melted before me
Like those candles we hung from our tree
My dear Alice,
You sent me to wonderland
And I never want to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment