Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Undertow

This state that i am in
I think I've finally figured it out
The answer so unclear before
The haze fading out

Neck deep in depression
Reality I've been trying to escape
Hiding in the corners of darkened rooms
I'm falling deeper and sinking faster, fighting fate

This time as the water swallows me whole
I can't bring myself up
can't bring myself hope
I can't surface through the raging waves
I've begun to choke

The light drifting further and Further away
I know the next time
The reeds will pull me all the way
The dark engulfing me, until things aren't even gray

The dark of the ocean calls
As I make my way to rock bottom
I'll try to not give in, to swim
Agisnt the sweet nothings whispering in my ear
The secret wishes I've longed to hear

As I look down to whats clawing at my feet
A frightend look replaces one of tranquil and Peace
As memories, race and run up my legs
I begin to struggle
But now it's too late

Their strength is unbelievable
At my wish against they pull
My hope soon replaces
With fear, I'm not in control

Maybe I'll give up
Let myself be pulled down
Much to tired from the brutal pound
Sink until I drown

And I'll stay here and adapt
To the dark, down undertow
and lie in wait
for the covers to be pulled down low

No comments:

Post a Comment